Log Cabin Republicans believe in a confident foreign policy and a strong national defense. As the world’s sole military superpower, it is vital that the United States remain ready and able to shoulder its responsibilities in the global arena while standing as a beacon of freedom. Log Cabin Republicans call attention to the cruel and abusive treatment of gays and lesbians worldwide, particularly as it coincides with authoritarian regimes renowned for supporting terrorism and disregarding other basic human rights.
Additionally, Log Cabin Republicans fights for gay and lesbian rights within our nation’s armed services. Most notably, Log Cabin Republicans led the charge on overturning Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT). Log Cabin filed a lawsuit against the federal government challenging DADT and brought the trial to court in 2010. In September, 2010, a federal judge initially ruled in our favor, finding that DADT violated the First and Fifth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
Statements on Foreign Affairs & National Security
- Log Cabin Republicans (LCR) Issues Statement on Chuck Hagel Confirmation: Trust, but Verify
(February 26, 2013)
- Log Cabin Republicans Releases Second Ad Criticizing Chuck Hagel for “Totality” of Record on Gay Rights
(January 7, 2013)
- Log Cabin Republicans Call Out Chuck Hagel as Wrong on Gay Rights, Iran, and Israel
(December 27, 2012)
- U.S. Military Has Real Battles to Fight – They Don’t Need Rep. Akin’s Culture War Amendments to NDAA
(December 18, 2012)
- New Report Outlines Wide-Sweeping Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
(September 12, 2012)