Log Cabin Republicans believes in a confident foreign policy and a strong national defense. As the world’s sole military superpower, it is vital that the United States remain ready and able to shoulder its responsibilities in the global arena while standing as a beacon of freedom. Log Cabin Republicans calls attention to the cruel and abusive treatment of gays and lesbians worldwide, particularly as it coincides with authoritarian regimes renowned for supporting terrorism and disregarding other basic human rights.
Additionally, Log Cabin Republicans fights for gay and lesbian rights within our nation’s armed services. Most notably, Log Cabin Republicans led the charge on overturning Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT). Log Cabin filed a lawsuit against the federal government challenging DADT and brought the trial to court in 2010. In September, 2010, a federal judge initially ruled in our favor, finding that DADT violated the First and Fifth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
Statements on Foreign Affairs & National Security
- Log Cabin Republicans Statement on Transgender Military Policy Announcement
(March 23, 2018)
- Log Cabin Republicans Statement on President Trump’s Iran Deal Address
(October 13, 2017)
- Log Cabin Republicans Oppose Trump Transgender Military Statement
(July 26, 2017)
- Log Cabin Republicans Response to Commutation of Chelsea Manning Sentence
(January 17, 2017)
- LCR Miami & LCR National Statement on Funeral of Fidel Castro
(December 4, 2016)