Log Cabin Republicans believes in a confident foreign policy and a strong national defense. As the world’s sole military superpower, it is vital that the United States remain ready and able to shoulder its responsibilities in the global arena while standing as a beacon of freedom. Log Cabin Republicans calls attention to the cruel and abusive treatment of gays and lesbians worldwide, particularly as it coincides with authoritarian regimes renowned for supporting terrorism and disregarding other basic human rights.
Additionally, Log Cabin Republicans fights for gay and lesbian rights within our nation’s armed services. Most notably, Log Cabin Republicans led the charge on overturning Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT). Log Cabin filed a lawsuit against the federal government challenging DADT and brought the trial to court in 2010. In September, 2010, a federal judge initially ruled in our favor, finding that DADT violated the First and Fifth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
Statements on Foreign Affairs & National Security
- LCR Miami & LCR National Statement on Funeral of Fidel Castro
(December 4, 2016)
- Log Cabin Republicans PAC Announces Second Wave of 2016 Endorsements
(October 14, 2016)
- Log Cabin Republicans PAC Announces First Wave of 2016 Endorsements
(October 6, 2016)
- A Message on the GOP Platform from Log Cabin Republicans President Gregory T. Angelo
(July 12, 2016)
- Log Cabin Republicans Statement on Orlando Shooting
(June 12, 2016)